Thursday 21 June 2018

Week 8


Hi all,

It has been yet another busy week of learning in Room 19. Students have been busy doing reading, writing and maths. In topic they made constellation slide shows which have gone home. Today they made sherbet as part of measurement - our focus in strand this term. They had an active afternoon so I hope they haven't come home on too much of a sugar high. I apologise if they have. 

We’re going to the Stardome Observatory on Wednesday, reports go home on Thursday and Student Involved Conferences are on July 2nd and 3rd. If you haven’t booked online there is still time to do so. I look forward to talking to parents about their child’s learning.

I have emailed parents an invitation to have these blog updates emailed - I thought this would be more convenient for you. I hope by now you have accepted the invitation and are reading this. If not, you have 14 days from when the email was sent. Any queries regarding this email me on khenderson@newwindsor.school.nz. 

Stars of the Week were Fine Paongo and Jia-Li O’Shea for their outstanding Matariki art work. This has also gone home and I encourage you to enter it in the competition run by Stardome. The prize is an Ipod Touch. The PB4L draw winner was Jia-Li O’Shea.

Have a great weekend.

Mr Henderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment